Come and learn the crazy piecing technique by One S1ster (Buggy Barn). Make this beautiful flag quilt to display your patriotic pride.
KITS RESTOCKED: FIVE KITS AVAILABLE Kits are available at Quilter's Cocoon. The kit has enough fabrics to make the Flag quilt and a bonus quilt from leftover blocks.
Pattern is in the Half Crazy book by Janet Nesbitt of One S1ster
* Sewing machine with 1/4" foot, cord, pedal.... in good working order.
* Small iron and ironing mat
* Cutting mat and rotary cutter with a new blade, rulers (1" x 6", 6-1/2"square, 9-1/2" square, 3" x 18" or similar)
* Clover Wonder Clips
* Seam ripper
* Neutral thread
* Thread catcher if you have one
* and any other supplies for your sewing comfort
Before class instructions:
1. Cut (22) 13" x 14" rectangles from the medium value red fabrics
2. Cut (7) 5" x 12-1/2" rectangles from dark value red fabrics
3. Trace the 4" x 6" star pattern onto the paper side of freezer paper six times. The pattern is on page 15. These will be for the white/blue stars.
4. Trace the larger Stars and Stripes pattern onto freezer paper six times. The pattern is on the loose sheet stapled to the middle of the book. We will need these for the second part of class.